Monday, April 18, 2011

"Every alligator every blackwater swamp Every freshwater spring – everything"


Don't gimme that face.. I know it isn't Friday... it isn't even Sunday- it is already into the new week and I haven't posted...
I have an excuse.


..... um,
yeah.
I got nothing. I DO have an Iphone of my very own now, and I'd bet money there is an excuse app.
--- Ah well,
here is the vid of the week: (then we'll catch up)

___________________________________________________________


I have been waiting for my upgrade for over a year. - And now that the 4s are out, and they are probably readying for a new iphone the OLD 3gs are cheap, refurbished ones are even cheaper. We are still probably paying less for cellphones than we were the overtaxed landlines. So i am super excited, that pretty much sums up my week , lol unless you want to talk iphone apps.
I do feel a little guilty when people see it. Like it is some huge status symbol of a status we don't actually have.I feel like I have to justify it. ugh. it is dumb.
blah blah blah.

Ri has still been working his poor bum off, trying to fit in time for the occasional bike ride , or surf session,but mostly just trying to fit in a few hours of sleep between the two jobs.. the whole thing has been a bit worse because a few of his coworkers in the seafood dept are having personal trouble and they are short handed.

I did help in Rory's class again Tuesday , they moved their stations around a bit so she was in a different group. She is still with the one boy she works well with , so I am happy for that.

Rory is only a few dollars away from her LaLaloopsy doll goal. She is getting more excited by the day....

She is also excited for Easter. Which other than an occasional egg hunt at a relatives house we've never really celebrated.

School is ruining my non-dom child. She learns about all these weird traditions, and then wonders why the : tradition/pretend elf/ leprechaun/bunny/fairy/lovebug/ creepy nightmare creature bareing cavities , doesn't visit HER house. Oh, I have been meaning to mention, while on the subject- the last holiday such a thing came up.. -flash back
I was unaware people actually did more than wear green , drink heavy beer, or make cabbage/ham for St.Paddy's day. ... then she comes home telling me she HAS to set a trap for a leprechaun to get something from one, She even enlisted the neighbor boys to help her, (they are older and sort of teased her about it)-- but somehow, despite me not doing it, the boys pointed out a trail from the leprechaun and then a knock on our door and there were cute little toys (and clovers from a necklace one of them had been wearing that day ;) ) left out. Rory was so excited she brought them in for show and tell the next day.

Mom , Lissy & Nico came over Thursday bringing a kiddie pool and a sprinkler -


It was super old school style cute. They didn't stay long, but the kids had a good time.

- Pic of my hair, my rosacea has been so so so horrible I haven't wanted to take a pic of my face. I was so so red. it has went down some now. I also need to get my eyes checked as it has started to mess them up too.

Friday afternoon, despite being in awesome health and mood all week, Rory ran a slight fever and got sent home just a bit before the end of the day bell. I still don't know what was wrong with her, all i can think is that she is running slight fevers from her 6 yr molars... but I don't get it?Can't she get a break??
She slept a lot of Saturday morn.. but was fine after that.

The weekend was the bestest. Ri finally had some time off on Saturday, and there was a super awesome festival in town with onE of our FAV performers..
Jj Grey & MOFRO !! ! For five bucks- that is INSANE.

We had went to see them a few years ago with Val and Seth, so she came out with Seth and her Lil sis , and went with us,
we also met up with Ri's sister's

Well, we had to get there 1st.. Ri wanted to walk, or ride bikes - HA! crazysauce..
though, I think the truck didn't want to go either, poor old thing stalled out as we went up the parking garage (which cost more to park than to get into the festival Arg!) Oh, and i stabbed myself deep in my knuckle with a pick thingy that was in the compartment under the window- as I tried to roll my window up... and it stuck so bad it was poking out of my hand and now I have a huge bruise.
But we made it - all the way to the roof of the parking garage


1st , to entertain the kids






I think she was surprised how high the rocket went.
We also checked out a small petting zoo full of the cutest baby ducks.


Now, drinks-
there were HUGE HUGE HUGE lines for everything.. except this soda stand
..I know that guy. he is adorable.
He is cheersing with Val and Seth, and that is Val's younger sis in the background

Seth rode the bull

there were dudes around him betting on which kids could beat their time.

We got a little bit of food and found a spot in the already packed grass around the stage,
and we found Ri's baby sis

She takes pictures..


..... don't ever say I don't post my pic enough



Sari also found their big Sis Mel with the kids, and got us a blanket. Even though the best we could get was the side of the stage we ended up with a pretty sweet spot, that also ended up being in front of the "crazy dancer" zone.


Another thing about Sari..
She rode the bull.
I missed it. I was taking the kid to ride another ride. ...
that's what pictures are for though:
I saw a man in a duck costume ride the bull too- No lie.. but I couldn't get a picture. :(



JJ Grey is AMAZING. Just AMAZING. if you have never heard of him .STOP stop reading this RIGHT now and google him.
.... I'll wait....
how about this song ?

....... Better?

I think from our odd side of stage angle we were actually closer to him than when we went to a concert and slammed ourselves in the front row!

Val got some AWESOME pictures:




The blonde chick is my older Sis in law Mel ..
Ri jumped around soo much he hurt his calf muscles.



.. I wonder if he was the only one:

The crowd (another great pic Val took) .
I spy Sari's hubby too



Rory and I explored a bit while the music played. It was nice to break free of the crowd.
Plus, Pony ride


Then we would come back. Rory cuddled with her cuz a bit- but I couldn't get any decent pic of them without flash.
Me, Ri , Val


Rory was fighting sleep for some reason, we really thought she would boogie all over with all the other dancing kids ( soo many dancing little ones, such a kid friendly event it was awesome)

So I told her we would wait for the last ride to wake her up.
I was far away from the stage while Mofro played my fav song..
but, Rory waited patiently to get tied to a bungee harness over a trampoline.

Wait, what? Are we sure this is safe?!
The child, MY BABY did a flip. Teenagers, and parents standing around were giggling as i shouted. " Good job baby! BE CAREFUL"
and gasped each time
TWICE. she flipped her body completely over, once with a slight tilt. Oh, she was soo proud. She has went on about it to anyone who will listen.


We got back just in time to hear the last song, and head out with everyone. It was amazing. a much needed break . I am really glad Ri got some time off.




Sunday we rested... while poor Ri worked again. Rory did spend some time with the neighborgirl.

And today we returned to the grind. Bike ride to her school and back. Dog walking this afternoon:

Things are still a little up in the air about the coming weekend.
I'll let you know when we figure that one out.

That was a long post. Sorry . Sometimes even once a week ends up a lot to catch up on.

I was reading up on a challenge where you blog once a day for the month of May, maybe I should try. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
Especially now that I have iphone ingeniousness??

Right now though, what I should do is dishes,
Right after this round of WordsWithFriends ...and a few more text messages.
Plus with only 5 minutes until it is officially Tuesday this post needs to be DONE.
Sorry if i left anything out.
Hope your week is starting well


PEACE AND TOFU CHICKEN GREASE,
BABYHELLFIRE

4 comments:

✩Molly✩ said...

My favorite part was when you said crazysauce.

Anonymous said...

NOT MARRIEDDDDDDDD!!!!!
Sari's hubby. No.

babyhellfire said...

baby daddy.
roommate,
friend with benefits.
significant other
I don't really care what you want to call him you've been with him long enough :P

Anonymous said...

Um. Boyfriend works? Baby daddy works too I guess lol.