Saturday, February 19, 2011

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. ~Anne Brad

P2150005

Oh, hi again.
I am still battling a horribly inflated painful crampy gut- and this feeling I should be doing a dozen other things than writing ..

But, I DO have some updates for those interested
We've had a pretty alright week- things still aren't great- and I don't know if they ever will be.
Alright isn't bad though, and that is something.

Ri is doing well at his new job - he has been working A LOT actually.. the guy he was training to replace decided he was going to go ahead and quit now instead of in the week or two he was expected to.. So Ri even worked a double on Valentine's Day/night- all most all by himself AND it was crazy busy.
(I haven't heard anything else from them as far as me working there. )

Yeah, Valentines was cute for Rory I guess, she came home with cute hearts and card and candy. I felt bad letting her take in the SpongeBob dipNstick candy valentines... but she came home with four more of them from her classmates.

I did help in her class on Tuesday - They had a substitute teacher all week, who calls HERSELF Mrs.Picky- I had heard a bit about her from the other parents and was nervous about seeing how different the vibe would be with her in there . She was a little strict about noise levels and neatness- but otherwise I thought she was a really sweet old lady. Rory seemed to do ok with her (but says she can't wait for her teacher to be back) .

The weather has been SUPER nice and weirdly suddenly Springy -Which is extra good with Ri working and me having to get the kid. It did sprinkle on us a little one afternoon..but not bad.
The other days we stopped by the playground a few times on the way home:


P2150003


P2150002


- My Dad had surgery this week to remove a mass from his bladder. Still no news on whether it was cancerous , but he is home and starting to move around and stuff. Grumpy about it but doing ok.



I am so tired of everything being just "ok" it has to get better.I feel like everything is that way. it's like "Well, that sucks but it could('ve) be worse" and I move on.
but,
How many sucky almost shitty situations do I get to count that way before I feel less guilty for bitching about about things being ok?
I want things to be great. i want to say I am having an awesome day,and mean it again.

It doesn't help that I caught that STUPID cold bug that i was in the clear of. The kid and Ri had it weeks ago, I was thinking I was safe.Then , once i started to feel better in my head- it moved to mu chest and made it crap to sleep...
and now that it is a bit clearer in my chest it is in my gut along with a raging angry on coming SharkWeek.
Wahwahwah. Someone Call me the wahmbulance.
I'm whiny as hell.

Yesterday was nice- (Besides the HORRIBLE STOMACH ACHE), Rory spent most the morn taking pics of her toys:



P2160026


P2160019
Then the neighbor girl came over- They scooped up a playset and sat in the other neighbor's front yard- So that neighborgirl could watch her big brother play basketball from that yard( I know the one boy is that neighbor's cousin and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't mind two girls playing in their front yard), and I could watch them from the window. I AM loving this neighborhood more and more everyday.

Well, Ri just got home-and made us pizza. We are gonna grub and then he is gonna go on a bike ride with Jay ( and maybe Steve) .


I'll catch up with ya next week or something.
PEACE AND TOFU CHICKEN GREASE,
BABYHELLFIRE

2 comments:

Joye said...

Get to feeling better!!!

Loved the blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are getting better every day. Hope your Dad recovers quickly and you start feeling better soon. Thank you for sharing your family with us. ♥ xoxo ♥