Sunday, February 6, 2011

"We've seen bottom. We can only go up from here."







Soo sorry! So late and soo much to share.
First things 1st the Friday Vid.


We sent out open invites for our close friends and family to feel free to stop in and visit Sunday
- no real time constraint no solid plans party stuff, just come visit. Ri's Dad brought pizza, and my mom brought sandwich stuff.

Quite a few people stopped in, mostly family- she had a really great time and loved every little thing everyone got her. and just getting to see everyone. :) I can't thank everyone enough for the birthday wishes ,visits and gifts. :)

It was sort of chaotic and hectic as well, of course.

I am sorry- I have put off this post so long now , I feel soo behind I am having trouble focusing.
I can't believe my little baby is 6 years old SIX is such a KID age. She even seems like such a big kid now.

Back to updates and catch -ups. The week felt like a huge hustle. Calling this place or that , asking around applying at places all over again since February had started.
Monday morning(LAST Monday morning now)
I watched Nico while Lissy went off to school. was a lot more fun than I thought it would be . He is a cute kid to have around, and slept most of the afternoon anyway.
Lissy's mother In law wants to watch him now, and Lissy would rather leave my schedule open if I need to find work - So ,I guess it won't be a regular thing for me to watch him. Tuesday I helped in the class again- that went well, but I had a sort of grumpy day all around Tuesday (coffee maker broke, Ri was grumpy/nervous and everything that could go wrong DID) , and was beyond exhausted,and frustrated by the end of it.

Wednesday morning after sending Rory off to school Ri went for an interview at the grocery chain I used to work at.-even though it is a different store it is somehow a WHOLE bunch of the same exact people I used to work with. They can't offer him much but they seem eager to have him.....
..and me if I would be willing to come back.
It look promising, he had another longer interview today with the mgr of the dept.. Looks like Ri is going to be trained by two kids I practically trained to do stock years ago. LOL.

Which sounds pretty awesome. In other awesome news we got our tax return , which should help us coast through this months bills on the NO INCOME we have right now. Ri spent a tiny bit of the money on the cheapest of tv stands to put the big tv(from Steve &Jess) on - We may even sell the tiny one from the livingroom = double win..Ri also found a dirt cheap french press for me. Since I apperently struggle to opperate any electronic coffee maker we are bringing it back old school. Steve even took Ri out to get some much needed groceries with our bit of money..

But,we had also filled for unenployment, food stamps the works..and got IT ALL.lol.Good thing we spent money on groceries the day before.
It is all frustratingly joyous. Like, good things are happening now,it is getting better... but only because it is so bad.We've hit bottom and can only go up from here. Which is sort of depressing in its own right.


Oh- and I got a job. The awesome woman from Rory's school called again, and got me in touch with her friend that runs the farmers market(who I had a surprisingly cool phone convo with)- and she gave me a job on Saturday putting up the signs and helping with the crazy parking situation.I was soo nervous Thursday and Friday I thought I would explode.

Saturday I got up before sunrise to ride my bike to the farmers market,- I met the guy , put out signs- then I had time to kill until the crowd started pulling in, and actually got to walk around the booths looking at all the cool things for sale.
- The rest of the day was a blur of people in the parking lot ignoring me, feeling useless- it was cloudy and gloomy at 1st and there wasn't a lot for me to do - but point out spots ,and help a few people to their car.
it did get busier though- I ended up realizing some people are so desperate for a spot on the front row they will wait and entire 20 minutes for an old woman to walk to her car..
that I should have worn different shoes,
and the obvious- the 2nd and 3rd lane of parking are actually MUCH closer to the actual market than the spaces on the front lane and by the gate that everyone fights to park in..
..then I had to take the signs down again and head home. I can't even explain how sore and tired I was,
Still, a pretty neat way to spend a Saturday morning.

I napped for awhile when I got home, Ri made me a yummy lunch and fresh coffee-
then we all stayed up a bit late. I played scrabble with Jess, while Steve , Jay and Ri played video games on the huge tv.

...Needless to say Superbowl Sunday was spent doing as much of nothing as we were capable of.
(neither of us are be football fans).
I enjoyed every minute of my day of rest. and of my freakishly long bath.


Rory had a LONG bath too, with her mermaid toy, and somehow I talked her into pincurling her hair before bed..

I didn't manage to get her to let me brush it down into waves- so instead she went to school with the FULL curls the morning:


It rained cats and dogs all day- by the time she got home from school her hair was damp and in super cute beachy waves.
She has been doing so great in school, I am sort of astounded by how she is starting to read and write. If only she would stop bringing home so many germs, she has spent at least the last week coughing in her sleep... and one night she crawled into bed with us because she had a nightmare that her eyeballs fell out from it! poor baby!

Well, I am sure there is much more.. but I have to get to bed so i can make Rory's lunch in the morning and get ready to help in her classroom again.
I know it is terrible when I wait soo long to blog and have this huge wealth of things I wanted to share but forget half of it.

Remind me of this on Friday.
for now, Ri isn't feeling well (darn school germs) and I am going to go cuddle him.

PEACE AND TOFU CHICKEN GREASE,
BABYHELLFIRE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww..Sounds like the birthday was a big success. I'm glad things are turning around for you sweetie. Thank You for sharing your family with us once again. ♥ xoxo ♥

Joye said...

You sound wonderful!!! I've always said we never know where our true strength is until moments like this in life hit us. You are definitely a strong optimistic person that won't be kept down!!! Very fantastic role model for you daughter!!!

Congrats on the job!!! Glad Rory's birthday was a success!!! I still can't believe she and I share the same happy day, :)

Have a wonderful week!!!

Tina Michelle said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl! Love that curly hair pic!! Glad to hear you found a job. I hope it works for you. Getting the food stamps and stuff will help.