Saturday, January 23, 2010

It started with salad...

and it all went downhill from there.

Oh. Hi there.I know, I borrowed Lissy's netbook with the intention of keeping up with my blog and I haven't really done so ...

I have an excuse. I swear ,
It wasn't me just goofing around on Facebook,or various message boards,
It wasn't that I was just watching tv shows on the interwebs( Ok. Maybe I don't swear ;) )

It was that damn salad. I blame the salad.

Last Wednesday, (er. the one before that)As we were getting ready for Rory's dentist appt, I slacked on dinner- Ri stopped to pick us up a pizza on his way home. He didn't like the prices at the 1st place he went so he just ordered a eggplant parm that came with a salad, and got pizza at a different place.

The pizza was awesome. The overprice eggplant parm was ok.
Rory wouldn't touch a salad with premixed in dressing.That was wise of her.
By the time I finished gorging myself on our greasy take out dinner, I knew something was wrong.

Food poisoning.

Ri woke up to it in the middle of the night. Rory was spared. I woke up even before the, ridiculously early , reminder we had to take the long ride to Rory's dentist, feeling a new sort of sick, on top of my dehydrated stomach ill-
I thought my throat was closing up, I could barely breathe. I took a benadryl and started getting ready. Ri and Rory have been sort of stuffy,mostly attributed to the yucky weather and stale central heating. I hoped I was just suffering that.

Rory did wonderful at her appt as she always does. She DOES have a cavity. Making the apt for that was the start of the reminder ,that Ri and I were both sick... we don't play well together when we are sick at the same time. Whiny and Mopey, does not go well with Needy and Pathetic.. neither of us ends up with patience or compassion for the other, and the "who is sicker" game starts. Plus, I feared with my new found disgust for anything edible, neither of us would have the ability to take care of a perfectly healthy spirited Rory.
It seems, I won the "who is sicker" competition , that I had no intention of entering... adding to it some deep depression over not getting along with my hubby. I spent the day in bed. Fevers ,body aches, stuffy nose.. and sad.

Damn that salad.
Ri felt a bit better and took Rory shopping, and let me rest.
My immune system being down, I guess a cold/flu thought it would be a good time to kick me while I was down.

Friday, Rory woke up with a slight fever. She said she felt "wobbly headed" and her legs hurt... when I told her that part of her leg was called her calf , she looked at me like I grew another head." WHY?"
Of course ,it is completely illogical that her legs would be called baby cows.

I spent the day trying to take care of Rory - in between , the sort of , sinus pressure that reeeallly convinced me my head could explode like a giant snot bubble , if I got up too quickly.
Neither of us felt too bad. I thought we may even be getting better. I took a long shower and deep cleaned my hair ,and Rory was back to bouncing on the walls by the end of the night.
(my hair looks great ,but you can SEE how swollen our sinus' are)

That Saturday RI was off work, but Rory and I were still wallowing in yucky... I had this all over body ache and fatigue that made me hateful- In my head, I was in one of those productive cleaning moods, My body was uncooperative :(.
Ri decided to call around for someone to hang out with and get him out of the house-he ended up riding around town with his buddy helping him run errands ,while I napped on the couch - and sweet Rory LET ME , playing quietly next to me.
I probably slept more Thursday , Friday and Saturday than I have in MONTHS.I am normally unaware of that sort of sleep time.

Rory was amazing , even cleaning up the livingroom.
I woke up every morning just wanting to shake off the sickness.
I am forever thankful to these little toys, for giving Rory something soo entertaining to do and giving me the ability to relax.

..and now my days are all running together, I was feeling much better on Monday- but I couldn't talk.
Now, I go through moments of being really bad at communicating- I can't find the words I need to express the feeling I have.. I was in that mode BEFORE I even lost my voice, so if it could get worse,it did. Plus, while Rory was being cute,funny and sweet- she has also been very testing of the rules-THIS was not the time for me to lose my ability to communicate.
Rory and I cleaned up , made some YUMMY molasses cookies and gave the stinky cat a bath.

Lissy called and convinced me to come over and help her out Tuesday, we had some grand plan of painting the house, but with two kids running around we mostly just hung out. It helped me immensely to get out of the house
- Rory was a little bit of a brat,being very needy and perhaps a bit jealous of the attention her baby cuz gets.Lissy even put up with my new 90 yr chainsmoker's sounding voice and chatted with me all day.I forgot my memory card and I didn't get any pics though :( .

Here are some Lissy took:

Rick James was HILARIOUS - wanting attention so she could make Lissy's other cat jealous.
She even cuddled up with Rory for a long time. It was soo cute. Daminion (their other cat) did not like that and crawled right up and bit her neck for it.
Oooo and found out Ben and Ileana had their baby- the pics of her are sooo gorgeous, and they all look soo happy! I can't wait to meet her. I am so happy for them :)

Ri took us to wal-mart when he picked us up.. I was wearing his Rastawookie shirt and a head wrap..(remember I had planned to paint with Lissy) - lol ,I was waiting on someone to take my picture and put it on .
Rory was insanely overtired,and hungry- She threw a big tantrum. Ugh. I had to buy a new coffee maker,yes.again. catfood,dogfood, and dinner...
We were both pretty tense by the time we left.At least we found throwback pepsi and Dr.pepper with REAL SUGAR. Might have made it all worth it, except for the even HUGER tantrum Rory had at dinner- when I lost my temper and resumed my inability to communicate anything.

Wednesday Rory and I had a really nice, but lazy day. She had been craving strawberry smoothie

The strawberries we got are seriously the size of my hand!

Thursday , the body aches and sinus pressure had left. I felt soo much better. I even got up and sprayed off the porch, something Sweets ate did not agree with him- ewwwwwww.

There was some nasty storm warning- tornado watch and all,but before it came we snuck out to the park and got a few minutes of play in
..the shirt speaks truth.

This one is mine though. She has been my buttbaby dog lately.

...and then I got sicker.
I started coughing.
I was better. I wasn't aching so much. It isn't fair.. Damn salad.
I had rested and was starting to feel like I could catch up.. but instead the coughing kept me up all night and day.. add to it the storm started knocking the oranges off of the trees shaking the whole house all night long.

I already felt like the cold /food poisoning stole days away from me. and Now I fear I have an infection. This whole month is flying past ,I am a sicky zombie. I don't feel like can get it together and do any of the things I want...
and Rory's birthday is next week.

Lissy and I have been trying to loosely plan a Madhatter style Tea party. Rory says she wants a tea party..but with this ick I haven't been able to get anything together.
Hopefully , I can spend time at her house this week and figure it out.
We also need to figure out what we will do while Ri is on vacation. Nalu's is going to be closed for the beginning of Feb.

Ri ordered Pizza for lunch that we munched on all day. He has a free trial of mobileTV on his phone, and we let Rory watch some cartoons- he is half considering buying the plan because it isn't much, would be good for news.But he is also still aching for a Iphone.
My friend Tata called and had long interesting convos with me despite my endless coughing and raspy voice. Harvey&Hether stopped in to use the internet .
It probably could have been a good night if not for the fevers coming back, and the cough.

I spent the rest of the night on the couch unable to do anything but sit straight upright and read books ( I borrowed some from Lissy&Bo) until my eyes got so heavy , so very heavy, head falling forward, -COUGH- that I would wake myself up coughing.
It was miserable.

Friday, on no sleep,I made enough bean and barely soup for us to lazily grub on.
Mom brought me some medicine and gatorade . I finally slept a whole of four hours this morning and am starting to feel a little better.

The dog is mad at me for not sleeping in bed the past couple of nights. I told you - total butt baby, lately she has been sleeping on my legs on the corner of the bed.
I messed up her sleep ,and she has whined at me all day about it.

Hopefully, now that my voice is coming back I can work on communicating better... and not being such a jerk to everyone. Maybe the dog will even forgive me.

I know this post is sort of all over the place,I know I am leaving stuff out, its bloggy bloggy and there aren't many pictures.I'm sorry, Blame the salad.



Tina Michelle said...

Stupid salad!!! I am sorry you were so sick and rory and ri too. That sucks so much. Hopefully the next week will be full of fun and no illnesses.

sandra said...

Ewww food poisoning has got to be the worse thing. I had it this month as well, i seriously wanted to die right then and there.

Sorry you've been so sick :( But i must say, you even look great when you're sick. I love your hair. Looking good.

Rory is so beautiful, i love her eyes!

Anonymous said...


just registered and put on my todo list

hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.