Saturday, June 28, 2008

Vegan wheat,oatmeal,flax,brown sugar,banana,chocolate chip,muffin/cupcakes

I finally tried out my muffin tin-
I made vegan wheat oatmeal flax brown sugar banana chocolate chip muffins
- I need to shorten the name LOL



-- Ok - well since it was hard finding an exact vegan recipe I wanted and i just tweaked a few I found, I didn't take into consideration how little the healthish things would rise and fill the cups more.They are still soft and fluffy ,considering :)

Worked really well too, 'cause I have the kid convinced they are cupcakes,muffin tops might not have fooled her

---The recipe, as best I can explain it... I took it from a few recipes I found, and then added what I had/ wanted that wasn't in the recipe, and did a bit of it by eye.
-- If you know me and my cooking ability( by the book, or panic) ,then you know this is a big thing learning to cook and make my own recipes.
  • 1 cups flour
  • 1 cup oatmeal- ground into flour in the food processor
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
  • 1/3 cup melty margarine
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • handfull or two of choco chips



Sooo you put the oven on 400-
mix up the dry stuff in one bowl-
I mixed all the wet in the food processor (helped mash the nana)'
put them together
then fold in the choco chips.
and TRY not to stir it together too much- always my mistake-
Needs nuts,but I didn't have any today.I also considered adding some of Ri's choco protein powder(though thats not vegan)- but he was out anyway.

I let Rory put more C/C on the top of them after I poured them in the tin.
In the oven for 20 -25 mins.

--
I made Rory some pink frosting but it didn't turn out very yummy..and they really don't need it.
She had fun helping too.


--------------------------------------
I am sooo tired today.Ri wasn't tired last night ,and we stayed up all night watching movies from netflix-they renewed our act we had on pause- we forgot to call them and keep it on hold this month .. oh well.
We already paid for this month so we are just gonna get a bunch of movies this month and cancel it again.Last night we watched "Long kiss goodnight" which is probably my fav action movie.
and "man of the year" I do love Robin Williams, but it coulda been better.


Its been crazy stormy here. Rory and I, DID manage to sneak a walk in yesterday.
She wanted to take her dolly for a walk. It was hot and buggy and her pushing that stroller in the road made me nervy we didn't stay out long.
Noobs was thrilled though.. the weather has made her sad and pouty she was sooo happy to get out and pee on everything.


Ohh.. and guess whats back at my house:

The Geekos! I know you are thinking this is the pic I took last yr...nope.
Every year we get a handful living in here with us.They eat bugs though.. I try not to let them eek me out-until they are near my shower ,or my bed.
Off limits!

2 comments:

tata said...

You have my address (hinthint)!!!

North Carolina Mom said...

Yummy looking cupcake muffin things!

Do those geekos get IN your house? Oh how I would FREAK out!